Continued from Michael O'Rourke, Killowen to Cleveland.
Before we get back to Michael O'Rourke's family, we need to say a few words about the family of his wife, Mary McNally.
It looks to me like Mary McNally was born in the fourth quarter of 1876 in the Stockton Registration District of Durham, England,1 and was baptized in Pontop, Durham, England, on February 11, 1877.2
In 1881 she is with her parents and family, including a brother Charles, at 50 Bottle Bank, Blackhill, in the Civil Parish of Benfieldside, Durham.3 In 1891, the family, including Mary but not Charles, is still in Blackhill.4
Mary's brother Charles was likely born April 11, 1862, in Ireland. His later information said that he emigrated somewhere around 1884 to 1887 and was naturalized by 1900.5 I haven't looked for his naturalization record.
On October 25, 1892, in Cuyahoga County, Charles was married to Margaret O'Rourke.6 Margaret was born August 18, 1863, in Ireland, most likely in or near Ballyneddan Townland, Killowen, County Down, the daughter of Michael O'Rourke and Alice Cunningham.7
Another O'Rourke? I guess you can see where we are going with this now.
Charles and Margaret had three children: Francis C (born 1893), William J (1895), and Margaret S (1898). In 1900 the McNally family was living at 24 Everett St, Cleveland. This was the same address as the young gentleman we started with, namely Michael O'Rourke, and his aunt Mrs Thomas Farron.8
We have also taken a giant step closer to knowing the name of Michael's aunt Mrs Thomas Farron. Margaret (O'Rourke) McNally is the right age to be Mrs. Farron's sister, and is living in the same house at the same time. So Mrs. Farron was probably a Miss O'Rourke.
But can we put them all together and sort them out? And what about ‘Chicago and Peoria, Ill, papers please copy' in Michael's death notice?
Continued in Some Children of Michael Rourke and Alice Cunningham.
Edited November 21, 2013, to add that a comment at genforum.genealogy.com says that the McNallys were from Belfast:
"[Michael's] wife Mary Ann McNally from Belfast (emigrated to England before coming to the U.S."
-- Patricia Patterson, August 29, 2004, "Re: Michael James O'Rourke of Rostrevor b. 1877″ in O'Rourke Family Genealogy Forum, at:
2. Maria Mcnally, "England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975″
Name: Maria Mcnally
Christening author: Ed Hamilton Christening Place: Pontop, Durham, England
Father's Name: Michaelis Mcnally
Mother's Name: Annae Connor Mcnally
"England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NJJC-16J : accessed 18 Nov 2013), Maria Mcnally, 11 Feb 1877.
3. 1881 Census, Michael Mc Nally household, at ancestry.com. Note space in last name. It changes the indexing.
4. 1891 Census of the Mick McNalley household, at ancestry.com. Note spelling of names.
5. 1900, 1910, and 1920 Censuses.
6. Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Marriage Records and Indexes, 1810-1973, at ancestry.com
7. "Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X8LS-DLF : accessed 14 Nov 2013), Charles Mcnally in entry for Margaret Mcnally, 26 Apr 1927; citing Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, reference fn 21585; FHL microfilm 1984846.
8. "United States Census, 1900," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MMCY-WZ7 : accessed 18 Nov 2013), Chas Mcnally, ED 25 Precinct C Cleveland City Ward 6, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States; citing sheet 3A, family 50, NARA microfilm publication T623, FHL microfilm 1241252.